Parking and Tailgating
Please check your event’s information page for the established parking rate, lots available and hours of operation. Click here for directions or download a map to Alamodome Lots (PDF Document).
Tailgating IS permitted during UTSA Football Games, XFL Football Games, and at the Valero Alamo Bowl with the purchase of Tailgating/Parking permits through the client’s respective processes. Tailgating guidelines are provided in the drop-down tab below.
During peak traffic times, northbound Cherry Street will be closed at Cesar Chavez Street. To access lot C or B travel south on Cherry Street from Commerce Street or Houston Street.
Parking Lots and Directions
Download or print directions to Alamodome Lots (PDF Document).
- The Alamodome generally operates four parking lots for events: A, B, C & D.
- Parking locations vary by event. For most shows, public parking is available in Lots B & C with accessible parking for guests with disabilities located in Lot A.
- Lot A can be accessed via the northbouth I-37 access road, between César E. Chávez Blvd. and Montana Street.
- Lots B & C can be accessed from the southbound lane of Cherry Street between Montana St. and César E. Chávez Blvd.
- Lot D is located on the west side of I-37 behind the Convention Center and can be accessed via Tower of the America’s Way (southbound I-37 access road) between Montana and César E. Chávez Blvd.
• PLEASE NOTE: during peak traffic times, northbound Cherry Street may be closed at César E. Chávez Blvd., requiring southbound access from Commerce or Houston St.
Parking Rates / Payment
- Parking rates are determined on an event-by-event basis. Please check our website's information page for the established parking rate and Alamodome lots available for that show date.
- CASHLESS OPERATIONS: The Alamodome has transitioned to a cashless operation. Most major credit cards are accepted for payment.
Drop-off and Pick-up Zone (Ride Share • Taxi • Limo)
The Drop-off and Pick-up Zone is available for quick access in Lot D located at Tower of the Americas Way (southbound I-37 access road) between Montana and César E. Chávez Blvd.
Drop-off and Pick-up Zone Address:
500 Tower of Americas Way
San Antonio, TX 78205
Drop-off and Pick-up at this location is the safest and quickest area for ride share, taxis, and limo access. There is a pedestrian walkway that leads directly from this location to the security checkpoint at the H-E-B Plaza - Alamodome North Access Control Point (ACP A).
Download or print directions to Alamodome Lots (PDF Document).
Accessible Parking in Lot A
There are 127 handicap accessible parking spaces located in Lot A, off of the northbound IH-37 Access Road, between César E. Chávez Blvd. and Montana St. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis for vehicles with a valid State issued placard (blue or red) or license plate. Accessible Parking is subject to the event parking rates. Please reference the show's description on the Alamodome website for parking availability.
Complimentary POW & Purple Heart Parking
Currently, the City is extending free parking to veterans who provide identification with license plates with the following designations: Disabled Veteran, Congressional Medal of Honor, Former POW, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Purple Heart, Legion of Merit, Air Force Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, or Navy Cross. (State law and City Ordinance grant free parking at city owned lots specifically to former Prisoner’s of War and Purple Heart recipients.)
Complimentary parking IS NOT AVAILABLE on days when the Event Promoter has purchased the selling rights to the Alamodome parking lot(s). These events are considered “Private Parking by Pre-sale Permit Only” or “Sold Out” and Alamodome lots will not be available to the public. Please reference the event description on the Alamodome website for parking availability.
Accessible Drop-off / Pick-up in Lot A
The accessible ramp and drop-off location are in Lot A. There is no charge to access the parking lot for this purpose. Even when the parking lots have filled up, the Drop-Off area in Lot A will be available for accessible drop-off. Alamodome staff is not allowed to assist unloading/loading of passengers. All transfers from the vehicle will be the responsibility of the persons in the vehicle.
Alternative Downtown San Antonio Parking
For a PDF map to alternative downtown parking lots CLICK HERE or visit links below:
Downtown San Antonio Parking Map
Interactive Downtown Parking Map
Tailgating IS permitted during UTSA Football Games, XFL Football Games, and at the Valero Alamo Bowl, with the purchase of Tailgating/Parking permits through the client’s respective processes.
Tailgating IS NOT permitted at high school football games and is not allowed at other Alamodome events, unless specified in advance by the City of San Antonio.
All guests wishing to tailgate at the Alamodome must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot. All vehicles entering the Alamodome parking lots are subject to a security/safety inspection before being allowed to park.
Alamodome Tailgating start times vary by event. Please check the Event-specific webpage for more information. *Times mentioned below are subject to change.
- XFL Tailgating generally begins 4 hours prior to the “Doors Open” time of an event and will remain open one hour after game ends. For example, if kickoff is at 2:00PM, with Doors Opening at 12:30PM, the designated Tailgating lots will open 4 hours prior to 12:30PM - at 8:30AM.
- UTSA Tailgating generally opens 5 hours prior to the “Doors Open” time. For example, if kickoff is at 2:30PM, with Doors Opening at 1:00PM, the designated Tailgating lots will open 5 hours prior to 1:00PM - at 8:00AM.
- Valero Alamo Bowl Tailgating generally opens at 10:00AM on event day.
- Tailgaters must follow all TABC rules and regulations, City of San Antonio Food Permit requirements, and other applicable state and local laws.
- The Alamodome’s Concessionaire, SAVOR, holds the sole TABC License for the property.
- Sales, including the acceptance of payment, gratuities, or donations of any kind, for the receipt of services/products (not limited to) food, beverages, promotions, marketing, branding, etc., without the prior written consent of the Alamodome and event client, is prohibited.
The following is a list of regulations set by Alamodome officials:
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by Alamodome personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
- Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, canopies, coolers, grills, games, etc.).
- Each space occupied for tailgating must have a permit.
- Tailgating is restricted to the parking space in front or behind your vehicle, as designated by the parking space lines. Each vehicle shall occupy no more than one parking space per permit, except as provided below for RV’s, buses and oversized vehicles.
- Traffic aisles and other parking spaces must be kept free of tailgating equipment to allow for vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Saving or reserving spots is not allowed. If you would like to tailgate near friends, please arrive together. Guests wishing to tailgate using 2 or more parking spaces and want them to be contiguous should arrive early.
- RV’s, buses, and oversized vehicles will be required to purchase a parking permit for each occupied space.
- For safety, patrons may not stand, sit, or congregate on the tops of vehicles, busses, RV’s or other structures.
- All TABC rules and regulations must be followed. Alcoholic beverages are only permitted for persons age 21 and older.
- Glass containers are not permitted.
- Grills with charcoal, wood and propane are permitted. Fires built on the ground or in open fire pits are prohibited.
- All cooking equipment shall be situated away from crowds, vehicles and combustible materials. A minimum clearance distance of 3 feet is required.
- LP-gas cooking appliances shall be UL listed and approved for use. LP-gas cylinders shall be secured in an upright position to keep from falling and positioned to prevent impact from vehicle traffic. Portable generators are not to be filled while running and fuel must be in a UL listed safety can (2 gal. max). Portable generators and fuel must be stored away from cooking appliances.
- Generators that create excessive noise or harmful fumes are prohibited (as determined by Alamodome staff.)
- A fire extinguisher must accompany each group using a cooking appliance and a person knowledgeable in it's operation must constantly monitor cooking appliances when hot.
- Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
- Dispose of trash in the designated receptacles.
- Tailgaters must ensure that tents and canopies are anchored appropriately by utilizing sandbags, water barrels, or weights. (Unanchored tents/canopies can easily be blown over and present a safety hazard and/or may cause damage to property.) DO NOT anchor by placing stakes.
- Tents over 1,200 Sq. ft. will require Alamodome approval and a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not permitted.
- Food or beverages are not allowed to be taken into the Alamodome.
- Children must be supervised at all times and may not play in the traffic areas.
- In order to ensure the safety of our patrons, golf carts, Segways, motorized coolers, all other types of motorized recreational vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, or large balloons will not be allowed for use by patrons in the parking lots.
- Portable toilets are located in Lots B and C.
- All tents, chairs, etc. must be put away before entering the Alamodome.
- Parking lots will be patrolled. All violations are subject to ticketing and removal from the premises.
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind.
- Disorderly conduct, including public intoxication.
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind.
- Saving of parking or tailgating spaces.
- Weapons and fireworks.
- The solicitation, selling or marketing of any foods, beverages, sports paraphernalia, or other merchandise.
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.
*Authorization for tailgating activities in conjunction with other Alamodome events may be obtained from Alamodome administration.
+Lot opening times may be adjusted with approval of Alamodome Administration.