The Alamodome plan will allow attendance at a reduced capacity with physical distancing measures. It will follow all state and local health directives and focuses on risk mitigation strategies that promote the safety of student-athletes, fans and staff. Since the situation remains fluid and continues to evolve, the plan is subject to change based on emerging information as well as local and state health developments.
For additional information, please watch the video above or explore the drop-down sections below.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART
“We’re all in this together. Please do your part.”
All guests will play an essential role in allowing live events to reopen safely. Because COVID-19 is highly contagious, everyone – patrons as well as staff – must do their part.
The Five Principles — Do it for yourself. Do it for others. Do your part.
- Wear Your Mask — Face coverings are required in all public and common spaces.
- Keep your Distance — Maintain at least six feet physical distance from others and avoid common areas. Use technology to limit social interaction.
- Wash Up — Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Check Yourself — Monitor yourself vigilantly to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay Home — Stay home if you feel sick.
ARRIVAL, ENTRY & EXIT
ARRIVAL & TEMPERATURE CHECKS
All guests will be subject to a temperature test prior to entry. Anyone displaying a temperature over 99.6°F will be taken to a secondary private area for a secondary temporal temperature screening. Employees or guests confirmed to have a temperature over 99.6°F and exhibit any signs of COVID-19 will not be allowed entry to the property and will be directed toward appropriate medical care and given written refund instructions.
In order to encourage physical distancing and minimizing larger crowds in the main entrances in the concourses, we have created a gate plan to disseminate the crowds throughout the various entrances to the Alamodome.
- Doors will open to the public beginning 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Guests will be required to enter the Alamodome at the assigned entrance on their ticket.
- Signage will be posted outside the Alamodome to help direct ticket holders to the correct entrance.
- Digital tickets will be encouraged and contactless ticket scanners will be in place.
- All guests will be advised to practice physical distancing, including standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, and avoiding the use of using elevators.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
The Alamodome's Clear Bag Policy remains in effect for the 2020 season.
The Alamodome will utilize a controlled exit plan for all guests.
- Fans will be released by row, beginning with those closest to exits.
- Public address announcements, video board messaging and signage will help facilitate the exit plan.
- Fans will be notified by their section usher when it is their turn to exit their seats and the facility.
- Guests will exit the Alamodome through the nearest gate.
CLEANING & SANITIZING
Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures will be implemented prior to and during all home games at the Alamodome. The facility uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. The Alamodome is working with vendors, distribution partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies and the necessary PPE. The frequency of sanitizing has been increased in all spaces with an emphasis on areas to include:
- A rigorous cleaning and sanitation protocol has been established to ensure the health and safety of employees and customers.
- Protocol is based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Association of Physical Plant Administrators (APPA) established cleaning standards for facilities.
- Sanitation stations (handwashing and handwipe stations will be located throughout the inside of the Alamodome and aggressive sanitation practices will be in place for staff.
- The Alamodome will continually clean air handler units.
PARKING (NO TAILGATING)
A new contactless parking management system that can accept any form of payment will be in place at all Alamodome parking lots, which will open two hours prior to kickoff. Parking passes will be mailed to those who have already made their purchase. No tailgating will be permitted in any Alamodome parking lots or property.
Under the current guidelines, tailgating will not be permitted at UTSA home football games in any Alamodome lots or property.
GAME DAY SAFTEY AND SECURITY
All guests will be advised to practice physical distancing, including standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, and avoiding the use of elevators.
Face coverings must be worn properly (covering the nose and mouth) by all fans present at the Alamodome except when eating or drinking in their seat. Following State of Texas guidelines, exemptions apply for young children and persons who are unable to adjust or remove face coverings.
Appropriate signage will be prominently displayed outlining proper face covering usage, the temperature reading and screening process and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the Alamodome. Any area where guests queue will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing.
Based on the occupancy guidelines established by the Governor and the Mayor, the Alamodome has implemented a reduced seating capacity for all events. Seating spacing will be predicated on the six-foot physical distancing model throughout the entire seating bowl inside the Alamodome.
- Seats adjacent to the aisle will be closed to create a six-foot distance from the aisle.
- Every other row will be closed.
- Various-sized seating blocks will be available throughout the bowl and four seats will separate each seating block.
- All closed seats will have a Seatshield (sign) on each seat prohibiting anyone from using that seat.
- Ushers will continually monitor all seating areas to ensure the closed seats are not compromised.
ADA AND DISABLED SERVICES
DISABLED ENTRY AREAS:
Elevator occupancy will be limited to ADA guests and those truly needing vertical transportation. Elevator capacity is limited to four (4) persons per elevator including the operator.
BOX OFFICE AND SUITES
ALAMODOME BOX OFFICE (GAME DAY):
If you have any ticketing issues on game day, please visit the nearest Alamodome Box Office window.
- Fans will be encouraged to take advantage of mobile ticketing for the 2020 season. For more information, please visit the UTSA Account Manager.
- To expedite entry and ensure the safest possible game day experience, fans should download their tickets prior to arrival and enter through the entrance shown on their ticket.
- Capacity in each suite will be based on 50% seating capacity. Additionally, 50% of the suite standing room only area will be closed. All closed seats will have a Seatshield (sign) on each seat prohibiting anyone from using that seat.
- Buffets will have a designated server.
- Guests should refrain from sitting in other reserved seats.
- All guests will be required to wear a face covering while inside of the suites unless eating or drinking.
- The suite door may remain open in order to circulate air. However, signage will be placed outside of each suite indicating, “Authorized personnel and guests only. Please, no visitors.”
GAME DAY OPERATIONS
Per Conference USA protocols, no on-field band performances will be permitted this season.
All hospitality and catering areas will follow established concessionaire protocols for food and beverage service. Buffets will have a designated server or grab-and-go options. All hospitality areas will operate at no more than 50% capacity. Face coverings will be required for all staff, third-party vendors and guests except while eating or drinking.
Under the current guidelines, Rowdy Town (pregame activations located outside the north end of the Alamodome) will not be permitted at UTSA home football games.
The Spirit Walk will not occur this season due to COVID-19 pandemic safety protocols.
CONCESSIONS AND MERCHANDISE
The Alamodome has implemented updated protocols for all concessions areas. Patrons will have access to a mobile app for food ordering and cashless operations. Additional safety measures, including plexiglass shields and express pick-up stations will be implemented. Condiments and individually-wrapped utensils will be provided upon request.
The Alamodome will transition to a cashless operation, but will still have the ability to accept cash if the patron has no other payment method.
Patrons can download a mobile app for food ordering and cashless operations. More information regarding the app will be added to this page when it becomes available.
Fans will be able to purchase UTSA merchandise at locations throughout the concourses inside the Alamodome. There will not be any merchandise sales outside the facility.