UTSA vs. Texas Southern Football Game Fan Information
Know Before You Go!
SAN ANTONIO — UTSA has released the following information for fans planning to attend the Roadrunners’ home football game against Texas Southern on Saturday, Sept. 24. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. at the Alamodome and the game will air on Stadium (CW 35 in San Antonio) and Ticket 760 AM.
Saturday’s game is UTSA’s annual “Orange Out” and fans are encouraged to wear orange to show their support for the Roadrunners.
UTSA ROADRUNNERS MOBILE APP
Stay connected to your favorite teams with UTSA Roadrunners, the official mobile app of UTSA Athletics, powered by SIDEARM Sports. Featuring real-time news alerts, schedules, exclusive multimedia content, game day details and more, the new UTSA Roadrunners app is free and compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Through the app, UTSA fans will enjoy a personalized mobile experience with the ability to manage tickets, shop for official UTSA Athletics merchandise and receive breaking news and score notifications for the teams they follow. The app is designed with a user-friendly interface that integrates with goUTSA.com to bring the latest UTSA Athletics digital content right to your fingertips. Additionally, it includes links to video and audio streams of live games, in-game stats, and team social media feeds.
All students currently enrolled at UTSA are eligible for free admission to all home football games. UTSA students may purchase up to four guest tickets for student section seating.
For walk-up sales, the Alamodome Southwest Box Office will open at 10 a.m. Saturday and all other Alamodome box offices will open at noon. Customer service windows are located at the Northeast and Southeast box offices.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
The Alamodome Clear Bag Policy is in effect all season.
Please enter the stadium early to avoid long lines. Doors open to the public at 1 p.m.
Speed lanes will be available at security checkpoints for those with no bags. Please have your keys, phone and wallet out before getting to the scanners.
Please have your tickets out or loaded on your phone with the screen brightness turned all the way up before reaching the doors.
Student seating is general admission within Sections 122-131. To accommodate increased student attendance, Sections 220-226 on the Club Level will be open for student general admission seating. The Spirit of San Antonio band will occupy Sections 127-128.
Parking in Alamodome Lots A, B and C is limited to fans who already have purchased permits. A limited number of disabled parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Alamodome Lots A, B and C will open at 8 a.m. for those who have valid parking passes. Please do NOT enter the lots prior to 8 a.m. or staff will ask you to vacate your spot(s) and re-enter once the lots are open. There are several paid public parking lots in the general vicinity of the Alamodome.
Alamodome parking lots will open at 8 a.m. Saturday. For more information and City of San Antonio tailgating guidelines, please visit goutsa.com.
The drop-off and pick-up location for rideshare users is located in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way.
VIA has announced that it will serve UTSA home football games. VIA’s Park & Ride Service is convenient and affordable with roundtrip travel to the Alamodome for just $2.60. Service to all UTSA home games will be provided from the Crossroads Park & Ride, beginning three hours before game time, and return service will run for one hour after each game.
The Park & Ride fare is $1.30 each way with discounted fares available for children, seniors, students, and active-duty military. Pre-purchase tickets on VIA’s goMobile+ app, available to download free on Apple and Android devices. Cash and credit cards are accepted on game day at the Crossroads Park & Ride location.
UTSA students can use their U-Pass for service to the game. VIAtrans customers and children under age 5 ride free. VIA bus passes are not valid for this service. VIA’s Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, and 31-Day Pass are valid for Special Event Service.
UTSA STUDENT TRANSPORTATION
Students and their guests may park at the UTSA Main Campus and catch a UTSA shuttle to the game at the North Paseo Bus Oval, just outside of the North Paseo Building. Shuttles will begin service to the Alamodome at 11:30 a.m. The last shuttle to the game will depart campus at 2 p.m. Students will be dropped off and picked up at the Robert Thompson Transit Station at the Alamodome. Buses will begin return service back to UTSA at the start of the fourth quarter and the last shuttle bus from the Alamodome will depart one hour after the end of the game.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
Located in the H-E-B Plaza and VIA Bridge on the north side of the Alamodome, Rowdy Town opens at 11:30 a.m. and is completely free for all UTSA fans to take part in pregame festivities, which include:
- H-E-B Interactive game
- UT Health San Antonio interactive games
- U.S. Army display and interactive games
- Children’s inflatable obstacle course
- Other interactive displays from UTSA Sponsors
- SAVOR beverage stand
• The first hour of the Credit Human Pregame Radio Show with Andy Everett will air live on Ticket 760 AM from Rowdy Town beginning at 12:30 p.m. UTSA Athletics Director Lisa Campos will be a guest on the show at 1 p.m.
• Spirit Walk will take place at 12:15 p.m. Join UTSA head football coach Jeff Traylor and the football team as they walk from Cherry Street down Roadrunner Alley, which is located between parking lots B and C. Rowdy the Roadrunner, UTSA Cheer and the Spirit of San Antonio marching band welcome the team as they walk along the path and into the Alamodome prior to the game.
• Fans can buy the latest UTSA apparel and accessories from Rowdy Campus Store, which will be set up in Lot B near Roadrunner Alley. Merchandise sales counters are also located inside the Alamodome on the Plaza Level concourses near section 106 and 118.
• The UTSA Student Indoor Tailgate is the gathering spot for UTSA students inside the Alamodome on game day. Free food and beverage will be available (while supplies last). Door prizes may be offered. The UTSA Student Indoor Tailgate is open from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room at the north end of Level 1. Students may access the Student Indoor Tailgate immediately across the street from the shuttle drop off location outside the north end of the Alamodome.
• Roadrunner Nation Tailgate hosted by the UTSA Alumni Association will run from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Hoefgen Parking Lot located at 499 Hoefgen Avenue in St. Paul Square. The tailgate is open to anyone and is not limited to UTSA Alumni Association members. To purchase tickets, please visit https://www.utsa.edu/alumni/events-programs/Tailgate.html.
Saturday’s game will be televised on Stadium (KMYSDT 35.3 in the San Antonio area). The contest will air live on Ticket 760 AM in the San Antonio area and on SiriusXM app channel 982. The pregame show will begin at 12:30 p.m. Central time and there will be a 45-minute postgame show. The radio broadcast also can be heard online at Ticket760.com and via the iHeartRadio and The Varsity Network apps.