Lila Cockrell Theatre
The Lila Cockrell Theatre is the ideal venue for performing arts, lectures and multimedia presentations.
Aesthetic improvements include all new seating, paint and carpeting. Plaster veneer and new glass railing have been added for better sight lines. Lobby columns have been updated with new glass tile and lobby chandeliers have been updated with LED lighting to showcase art panels created by Ansen Seale. San Antonio’s “Deep in the Heart” branding is reflected in the quatrefoil design repeated in lobby light fixtures, signage, elevator finishes, and theater seating upholstery.
Other improvements and features include:
- Large stage - 113 ft. by 60 ft. with a proscenium opening of 55.8 ft. by 30 ft.
- Improvements include motorized rigging, new curtains, and an orchestra pit lift system.
- A/C has been added to the previously unconditioned stage.
- Stage level loading dock includes two 16 by 16 foot loading doors.
- Optional orchestra pit with a choice of 8 feet or 4.5 feet below stage level.
- Large 200 seat rehearsal hall, Green Room w/ private restroom, and 10 dressing rooms available.
- Stage lighting includes a Strand Light Pallet console and four follow spotlights.
- The sound system includes a 72 channel mixing console and 3-way EAW concert quality speaker system.
- Hearing assistance devices are available upon request.
- Accessible seating allows seating at both the front and back of the orchestra level and in the middle of the first balcony.
- River level meeting rooms have received new finishes and an operable class partition system that allows the room to open onto the Riverwalk for special events.
- Two new concession areas have been added to offer a variety of merchandising opportunities.
Contact Michael Flores at 210-207-3620 or LCTinfo@sanantonio.gov to book your event at the Lila Cockrell Theatre.