San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame
The Alamodome is proud to serve as home to the San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame, a gallery of bronze plaques located on the south plaza of the Alamodome.
They commemorate the induction of local men and women who have made an impact in the world of sports, either through outstanding athletic achievements or outstanding contributions to athletic programs. The first San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame members were inducted in 1995. Every year, the new class is inducted officially at the San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame Tribute, presented by AT&T. It’s a beautiful, memorable gala held in the Alamodome. Proceeds from the Tribute benefit the youth sports and fitness programs of San Antonio Sports, our area nonprofit sports commission.
The San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame and the Tribute are a partnership between San Antonio Sports, the City of San Antonio, and the San Antonio Express-News.
Class of 2011
The San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame class of 2011 will be inducted on Friday, February 18, and includes
- Priest Holmes, former NFL and UT Longhorn standout
- Al Marks, former head swimming coach at Churchill High School
- Laura Neugebauer Groff, UT All-American volleyball player
- Carl Marvin Gustafson, high school football and basketball coaching legend
- Jerod Douglas, notable Judson High School and Baylor University running back
For details about the San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame and Tribute, visit sanantoniosports.org or call 210-820-2100.